STMicroelectronics is a world leader in providing the semiconductor solutions that make a positive contribution to people’s lives, today and into the future.
- Among the world’s largest semiconductor companies
- A leading Integrated Device Manufacturer delivering solutions that are key to Smart Driving and the Internet of Things
- A leading technology innovator: ~7,800 people working in R&D, ~18,500 patents, ~9,600 patent families and ~ 590 new patent filings in 2019
- An unwavering commitment to sustainability
- Corporate Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- President and CEO: Jean-Marc Chery
- 2019 revenue: $9.56 billion
- ~46,000 employees worldwide
- 80 sales & marketing offices in 35 countries
- More than 100,000 customers worldwide
- 11 main manufacturing sites
- Public since 1994: shares traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: STM), Euronext Paris, and Borsa Italiana
- Created as SGS-THOMSON Microelectronics in June 1987, from merger of SGS Microelettronica (Italy) and Thomson Semiconducteurs (France). Renamed STMicroelectronics in May 1998.
Via Camillo Olivetti, 2 Agrate Brianza MB 20864